The future looks bright and we are happy with the course we’ve set. Cruising into the sunset or across the bay, Sailing Florida is about experiencing the natural beauty of Florida’s West Coast and the exhilaration of boating.
Come join us for a bareboat or crewed charter – day or week long – so you can finally take that family vacation, sneak away for a romantic weekend, hold a special corporate event or team building adventure.
We also offer RPBA-Certified Powerboating Courses. Check our Cruising Florida Powerboat Academy at www.cruisingfla.com
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Learn to skipper an auxiliary-powered sailing cruising catamaran of approximately 30-45' feet in length during a multi-day liveaboard cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Couples Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Vacation Charters
- Sunset Cruises
- Absolutely loved it! Captain Frank was a great instructor and very patient with me "making the boat stop" Wish we had more time to stay!...back to Minnesota we go :-(
Krystal Lohr - Sailing Florida Charters & Sailing School
- My husband John just finished an ASA 101 and 103 class with Captain Tim Redfearn. He had nothing but great things to say about Captain Tim and is very excited to go back to take the 104 class. His recommendation..... Ask to be in Captain Tim's class![read more]
Janie Ann Kerley Olsen - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
- By far the staff, instructors, customer SERVICE, and the incredibly awesome collection of fine sailing yachts are the best at Sailing Florida. Thank you Capt. Dave and Capt. Frank. Looking forward to ASA104 in May. Happy sailing all!!
Michael B. Yonker - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
Sailing Florida Charters & Sailing School
|Address||501 5th Ave NESt PetersburgFL33701USA|