Becoming an ASA Sailing School – also known as an ASA Affiliate.
- Contact ASA via email or phone to request a new affiliate package
- Fill out and submit your paperwork with applicable payment
- ASA will schedule a site visit to help you get started
- After approval from the reviewing committee, we will send you a welcome package
ASA provides valuable benefits to its member sailing schools including:
- Offering the oldest and most recognized keelboat certification system in the United States
- Working with the U.S. Coast Guard, ASA conforms with current U.S. Safety and Education standards
- Representing boater’s interests with local and national governments
- Offering the highest quality sailing school materials – from Basic Small Boat through Offshore Passagemaking, Cruising Catamarans, and special Endorsement courses in Radar, Weather, Docking and Basic Celestial
- Promoting progressive course sequences encourages more revenue from repeat business
- Providing access to over 515,000 ASA certified sailing students gives you with a large and enthusiastic network of potential customers
- Creating educational networking opportunities for you and your instructors, including opportunities to attend regional and national meetings to discuss key issues with ASA representatives, other ASA school owners and ASA instructors
- Driving customers to your website through ASA.com, which receives over 1.3 million hits and 68,000 unique visitors a month and continues to grow daily
- Promoting you directly in the high traffic “Find a Sailing School” section of our website, where your school contact information and website link is posted by location
- Helping bring new participants into sailing through our fun online eCourse designed to familiarize potential sailors to the world of sailing.
- Promoting our brand through on-going campaigns including public relations and support from a full-time marketing staff
- Participating in ASA’s, co-op advertising program including display ads in national sailing magazines
- Accessing ASA only discounts in advertising with top sailing publications
- Leveraging ASA’s heavily visited website with links to your school. Many ASA affiliates report this as one of their top sources of new customers
- Providing excellent marketing opportunities for your school including participation in boat shows, seminars and flotillas
- Attracting high quality instructors to your school, either through Instructor Qualification Clinics that are offered in many cities year-round or through ASA’s extensive online Job Bank
- Offering a comprehensive, national sailing school and instructors insurance program
The ASA was created to help professional sailing schools reach their highest potential; this has been our sole focus for over 35 years. We look forward to welcoming you to our growing network of professional sailing education facilities. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.