Enter Your Email Here For
The Free ASA Newsletter
New Members Only Area
Continue sailing with ASA
and stay part of the
greatest community on water.
The American Sailing Association is committed to helping you understand, appreciate and fully enjoy the incredible world of sailing.
If you thought you could never learn to sail because you don't own a boat, think again. Through the combination of nonprofit organizations that have expanded affordable access to sailing resources and ASA's varied catalog of sailing classes, sailing is accessible to virtually everyone.
ASA will do much more than simply show you the basics; our affiliated schools can teach you everything you need to be a skilled and experienced sailor, including helping you earn your sailing certification.
If you'd like to learn more, the best way to start your journey is to explore ASA.com for sailing schools like those in the beautiful Bay area. We recommend that you begin your tour by reading some of the detailed articles featured here on keelboat resources, certification program information and more.
To get your feet wet check this out….
- ASA MONTHLY E-NEWS - To access previous issues of the ASA monthly
E-Newsletter click here
- THE AMERICAN SAILING ASSOCIATION AND BENETEAU AMERICA CREATE PARTNERSHIP
Beneteau to design new sail training vessel for ASA's affiliated schools. View Press Release
- Croatia Flotilla August 31-September 6, 2014 Explore with us the romantic little ports and picturesque islands of the Croatian coast. Discover the history and charm of this wonderful country and go home with sailing memories of a lifetime. We will sail north to Rogaznica, Primosten, Sibenik and up the river to the city of Skradin from where we will visit the gorgeous waterfalls of the Krka national park. On the way back, we will stop by charming islands such as Kaprije and Zlarin before returning to the base near Split. Click here
- Belize, October 8-18, 2014 Unique and unspoiled, Belize is the hidden gem in our backyard. With one foot in the Central American jungle and the other dipped in the Caribbean Sea, Belize boasts miles of beautiful coral reefs, tropical rainforests, exotic wildlife and a rich cultural history. SOLD OUT
- Abacos Islands, Bahamas Flotilla – November 7-15, 2014 - ASA is proudly hosting a sailing flotilla in the Bahamas, and you’re invited! Are you tired of chartering the same cruising grounds, or would you like to gain experience chartering in a remote untouched location, then join us and Discover the Abacos! Marsh Harbour, is one of the best-kept secrets in sailing. Click here
- British Virgin Islands Flotilla - December 4-14, 2014 Explore the hidden treasures that lie within the British Virgin Islands. Breathe deep and smell the salty air, feel the warmth from the sun in your bones, and relax on this amazing journey. These 55-plus islands and cays have two fantastic assets which are accessibility and true naturally rich beauty. Join us for the adventure of a lifetime Click here.
- Exuma Islands Flotilla in the Bahamas, April 4-11, 2015 - This is a unique flotilla on small 21 foot Sea Pearl sailboats. This flotilla will camp on the islands and tour the beautiful islands with a local guide. This flotilla is limited to 10 participants. Click here
- The New ASA Social Media Link found here and in the Header Navigation Bar, is the portal to the ASA Blog, ASA Facebook page, ASA Twitter account and ASA Youtube Channel. Join us in the conversation and adventure.
- The ASA Store is now open. Drop in and experience great savings on gear, books, clothing and much more. Members also save 20% on all items.
- The Recreational PowerBoating Association (RPBA) was formed in 2009 in a direct response to the need for a national powerboater education program that emphasizes a practical, hands on approach. The RPBA’s mission is to be the leader in delivering the highest quality practical powerboater education in the United States, emphasizing safety, knowledge and practice as the confidence-building cornerstones to promote the powerboating lifestyle.
Visit the RPBA website for more information: www.TheRPBA.com
- Endorsements - ASA has added several "Endorsement" courses to our certification program. Endorsements provide in-depth study of a single topic such as radar, weather, docking or basic celestial navigation and are not requirements for the 101 through 108 sequence.
- Attention ASA Instructors Check out ASA's Radar Course
- Join ASA - What are you waiting for? Membership gives you a world of opportunities
and benefits to increase your sailing pleasure and knowledge.
The American Sailing Association is the leading authority on the art of sailing.
Learn to sail through our network of certified sailing courses.
To date, more than 454,400 people have learned to sail with us completing 861,200 ASA certifications.