The Chariot Adventures ASA Cruise n’ Learn class is a six day and night mini-cruise around the San Juan Islands, which departs from Squalicum Harbor in Bellingham. We will live aboard and practice the skills that you will need in order to be certified to charter a boat and/or develop the confidence to cruise your own boat one day. We will visit some of the islands in the San Juan group, including Friday Harbor and Roche Harbor on San Juan Island and Rosario Resort on Orcas Island. We also make stops on Sucia and Lummi Island, where we can go ashore and walk or explore. Natural beauty and wildlife surround us in this amazing place. We may even see Orca whales and Bald Eagles.
At the same time, we will learn the American Sailing Association curriculum, ASA 101, 103 and 104, practice sailing skills, docking, anchoring, mooring, navigation, weather, safety and seamanship, as well as getting a taste of living aboard.
We specialize in working with Couples and offer several All Women’s classes each season. We also do Crewed Charters and Yacht Deliveries.
Now booking for Spring and Summer 2017 classes. Get your dates reserved!
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Other Services Offered
- Women Only Courses
- Couples Courses
- Youth Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Vacation Charters
- Sunset Cruises
- Sailboat Cruises
- A week aboard Chariot was an amazing experience! My husband and I can now sail with confidence thanks to Cathy's attentive teaching, experience and leadership. I would highly recommend Cathy showing you showing you the 'ropes' (I mean lines, Cathy!).
Martha from Juneau, Alaska - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- Sailing with Cathy was an absolute blast! Both my wife and I spent a week with her on her beautiful boat Chariot learning how to sail. She was incredibly patient with t us. I would highly recommend Cathy to anyone wanting to learn to sail!
Travis from Juneau, Alaska - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- Thank you again for everything. We learned a lot had a terrific time and have a new friend... What can beat that? ⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵ Sent from somewhere other than work....
David and Cara from Los Angeles, CA - Chariot Adventures
|Address||718 Coho WayBellinghamWA98225United States|