Our superior location by the mouth of Buffalo River makes Lake access real easy. Within 5-10 minutes departing from newly installed docks. you are under sail on the Lake. Our floating classroom is right by the dock ready when you are back for debriefing. Our instructors are patient, friendly and very experienced with any kind of weather situation. Buffalo’s summer season is famous for its variety of conditions, changing almost daily. The fleet of 13 boats ranges from small sailing dinghy’s to 32 Ft. Most of the beginner training is onboard HR 25’s, a boat selected for its sailing performance and large cockpit.
The feedback we receive from students is telling us that the ease of access, friendliness of management, the reliability of engines and equipment combined with the low cost is why we see a steady increase of participants.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Other Services Offered
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Summer Camps for Kids
- Day Sail Charters (member-only)
- I took sailing classes 2 years ago with Pierre. The class was small which allowed me to have a lot of individual attention so I was able to practice each skill until I got it right. In addition to this, the classes were really fun.
Mary Ann Roll - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- Thanks Pierre. We had a wonderful time sailing w/ you in Buffalo. Thanks again for such a great class. We do hope to return next spring for the coastal cruising instruction.
Judy & Joe Popper - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- Thank you we had a wonderful time. I grew up on a small lake and had much experience with many different water crafts. But, never experienced a sailboat and had always wanted to. You helped make for an amazing anniversary.
Michelle Tallman - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- Pierre, Nick,! Elli, thanks for the wonderful time.
Stan B. - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- Thanks again for your excellent training. Veree and I feel that we have learned a lot. Our confidence is building and now we need experience.
Tom and Veree W. - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
|Address||2 Fuhrmann BlvdBuffaloNY14203United States|