For 20 years, Manhattan Sailing School has been teaching sailing from North Cove Marina. During this time, we have grown into the largest ASA adult sailing school in the country. In 2014, we taught more than 1,500 people how to sail.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Racing Courses
- Danny gave us a life changing introduction to sailing. We only wish that we could have taken the week off of work to have more time out on the water together!
Julie Wilson - Manhattan Sailing School
- Manhattan Sailing School was a great place to start what I feel will be a lifelong passion.
Mike Miller - Manhattan Sailing School
- The most hands – on teaching experience I’ve had!We spent so much more time out on the water than I excepted!
Heather Malde - Manhattan Sailing School
- Manhattan Sailing School far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend the Basic Sailing Course to anyone looking for a little fun and adventure in their summer weekend.
Thaddeus Delonis - Manhattan Sailing School
- You haven’t seen New York until you’ve seen it from the deck of a J24, blasting along, spinnaker flying. Nothing even comes close.
Mark Trottenberg - Manhattan Sailing School
Manhattan Sailing School
|Address||11 Marin Blvd.Jersey CityNJ07302USA|