Visiting Gulfport or Biloxi and looking for some adventure? Set sail on the beautiful Mississippi Sound and Gulf of Mexico aboard “Polaris” a 2002 31′ Catalina Sailboat.
Feel the gulf breeze blowing through your hair and the mist in your face as you embark on a nautical day of fun on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Captain Jim will ensure your safety and comfort so you can relax and enjoy the magnificent view of the Mississippi coastline, barrier islands and marine life at its best on North Star Sailing Charters.
Looking for something new and exciting to do? Check out our Charter Packages! We offer Day Charters, Sunset and Moonlight Cruises, Dinner Cruises, Half Day and Full Day Charters for your Gulf Coast Vacation. We are also an ASA Sailing Academy offering ASA Certified sailing courses.
All of our courses are private and fully customizable. We don’t have set course dates. Call to arrange a course that meets your schedule. Courses are limited to two students unless you bring a third as part of your group. Discounts available for bringing two or three students to a course.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Couples Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Sunset Cruises
- Sailboat Cruises
- Having not sailed in nearly 30 years I took ASA 101 & 103 and later took ASA 105 while my son took ASA 101. The level of instruction & equipment as well as the personal attention from Capt Jim was outstanding. Highly recommend North Star Sailing.
Tim R. - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
- I was a first time sailor when I found North Star Sailing Charters as an ASA certified school. I have since completed the first four courses with Jim. His friendly personality & enthusiasm has helped me become a knowledgeable and skilled sailor.
Lee H. - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- I took ASA 101, ASA 103 and ASA 105 with Capt. Jim from North Star Sailing. Absolutely worth it! Capt. Jim is an extremely knowledgeable, experienced & patient teacher. The classes were a perfect balance of book work and practical application.
Matt E. - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
- After just a few short days of I couldn't believe how comfortable I was on a sailboat; not only reading the wind, changing tacks and trimming sails but navigating as well. Capt. Jim was a wonderful instructor & made the experience fun and easy!
Freya P. - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
North Star Sailing Charters
|Address||1133 20th AveGulfportMS39501United States|