Seabreeze Charter Is the ONLY ASA School with a classroom in Chicago available at any time for classes and test.
Seabreeze Charter Sailboats not only passed the U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary Inspection but in addition is the ONLY ASA School and charter company in ILLINOIS with boats that have passed the selective U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary for COMMERCIAL Vessel:
SeaBreeze Charter LLC Sailboats meets ocean passage safety standard including life raft and EPIRB
Our instructors are US Coast Guard Licensed Master 100T with a combined 50 Years of ocean experience.
SeaBreeze Charter LLC has sailing vacation and Sailing live aboard courses in exotic locations all year round including Italy.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to skipper an auxiliary-powered sailing cruising catamaran of approximately 30-45' feet in length during a multi-day liveaboard cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions.
Learn basic docking skills for boats with single inboard or outboard engines. Discover the basic theory and hands-on techniques needed to dock and undock boats in an efficient manner and without damage or injury.
Other Services Offered
- Women Only Courses
- Couples Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Day Sail Charters (member-only)
- Vacation Charters
- Sunset Cruises
- Racing Courses
- Sail Trim Courses
- I have taken three trips with Captain Lorenzo and they have all been wonderful. It is definitely worth the money and time. We can't wait to go again!!
Kristina - Seabreeze Charter
- I took a 101 keel boat class. It was a great experience. Lots of fun. Thank you, Captain Jessica ...
- Cap Jessica is Awesome. Knowledgable and more important a great person to be around. Highly recommend this trip!!! All I want to do now is be on the water :)
Mike - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- Master Captain Jessica is a fantastic instructor. She is knowledgeable, courteous and has plenty of good stories to share. Could not have asked for a better sailing experience!!! From, Adam F. And Kelly O.
Adam - Seabreeze Charter
- Your customer service, and the sailing experience was top notch! We thoroughly enjoyed our sail and couldn't have asked for a better way to end the day. Lorenzo was an absolute gem, and we hope to do it again before the summer is over! Thanks so much
Sarah - Seabreeze Charter
|Address||722 W Diversey PkwyChicagoIL60614United States|