Windward Sailing has been in business since 1997 and has certified hundreds of sailors. Our sailing area offers deep water sailing in shore and offshore with easy access to the Atlantic. Our boats are docked on the ICW and we are able to sail right off the dock. Currents here are strong and offer challenging conditions, as well as pristine sailing areas. We have favorable winds and sail year-round. A student can expect to find an array of conditions and circumstances that would be useful for future sailing.
Windward Sailing offers combo courses that are competitively priced, as well as normal ASA courses. We offer bareboat chartering, captained charters, and private lessons. We have won ASA Outstanding School 4 times and 3 of our instructors have received ASA Outstanding Instructor.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Learn basic docking skills for boats with single inboard or outboard engines. Discover the basic theory and hands-on techniques needed to dock and undock boats in an efficient manner and without damage or injury.
Other Services Offered
- Couples Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Sunset Cruises
- Last week, my son, Zach and I took the ASA 101 class. We had Charlie Weaver teach the classroom portion and Jerry Miller handle the on the water instruction. I just want you to know how very pleased we were with all aspects of this
Jeff Linder - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- I want to thank you for accommodating my schedule in the recent 105 class. Jerry is a great teacher who has the experience to give the content of the class real meaning. He was very patient and clearly interested that we learn the material
Jonathan Brewster - ASA 105, Coastal Navigation
- Charley's name appears in the current ASA Bearings newsletter as part of the National Standards Committee. His challenge to become a 'subject matter expert' continues to be resonant with every student I instruct.
Marla Keith - Windward Sailing School
- I thought you'd enjoy reading this review that recently came through for Dominic DiFrancesco. Thanks for always doing an awesome job and taking such great care of our customers, it's greatly appreciated.
Dominic DiFrancesco - Windward Sailing School
- We had a wonderful time, it was the highlight of our Amelia Island stay! Captain Tony was courteous, very knowledgeable and well seasoned. He was both informative of the area and demonstrated excellent sailing skills.
Sam Enfinger - Windward Sailing School
Windward Sailing School
|Address||714 Beech StreetAmelia IslandFL32034United States|