We are an award winning ASA sailing school offering live aboard ASA sailing classes and sailing charters in the beautiful Florida Keys and the Bahamas. During a typical sailing vacation, we mix in some snorkeling, some sailing, some fishing, some kayaking and some relaxing.
Learn to sail at your own pace surrounded by turquoise waters and the smell of the open sea.
We offer customized live aboard sailing courses for couple. For a better overall experience, during our couple’s course, you are the ONLY couple aboard.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Learn to skipper an auxiliary-powered sailing cruising catamaran of approximately 30-45' feet in length during a multi-day liveaboard cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Women Only Courses
- Couples Courses
- Youth Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Vacation Charters
- Sail Trim Courses
- This was an absolutely amazing experience! Jenny is an incredible teacher and she's super amazingly fun! My brother, dad and I spent a week and were certified in ASA 101, 103, and 104 and can now all bareboat charter sailboats wherever, whenever.
Pete Ferrell - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- My husband and I completed the week-long 101,103,104 certification. Captain Jenn was a wonderful teacher, and terrific captain and cook. The trip highlighted beautiful areas of the Florida Keys. We are honored to have met her and taken the course.
Barbara O'Reilly - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- Simply perfect. Voted trip of a lifetime by the whole family. In a few words - fun, challenging, relaxing, thrilling and beautiful. Don't think twice! If you have ever wanted to learn to sail this is the school to make your dreams come true.
Charles Dobson - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- We had a great time and learned a lot as well. Jen is gifted at teaching the materiel and making it fun. Lots of hands on sailing and some fishing, swimming and kayaking too. We highly recommend the class and plan to take another in the future.
Kelvin Nunn - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- WOW! What a great learning experience. Capt. Jenn was fabulous and very patient. She made the learning fun. She is a great cook and the sunrise and sunsets were tremendous. Very much fun and challenging but rewarding. We will be back again.
Kathy Entrekin - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
Sunshine Coast Adventures Sailing School
|Address||229 Banyan LaneKey LargoFL33070United States|