We are the only ASA certified sail training facility at Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe offers beautiful views, technical sailing with challenging and varying winds, and a great weather sailing! Learn to sail aboard our nicely maintained sailboats at a reasonable price. Our instructors have sailed and taught all along the West Coast.
We also offer Family Sailing courses where everyone can participate and learn as much as they want. We also have Introduction to Sailing classes for those who want to get a taste for sailing, Casual Basic classes for those who want to get back into sailing after a long absence, and more!
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Women Only Courses
- Couples Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Day Sail Charters (member-only)
- Sunset Cruises
- Sail Trim Courses
- Great Instructors and great setting Michelle is very patient and Knowledgeable. Boats are well kept and equipped. Even tho I have years of inland lake experience, she taught me several things I will use often. I needed to get some Coast Guard "..."[read more]
Perry W - ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- Best of the schools I've tried I have taken classes in LA, San Francisco Bay and Tahoe. The experience I had at Sailing Ventures was more personal and enjoyable than the two big schools on the coast. The instruction was outstanding the teacher "..."[read more]
Anthony F - ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
|Address||2435 Venice Drive EastSouth Lake TahoeCA96150United States|