Sail Monterey is the only full service sailing charter, sailing school, and rental business in Monterey.
Learn to sail in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary! Our 8-12 knot prevailing winds from the Northwest make the Monterey Bay an ideal place to start your sailing adventure!
At Sail Monterey you can: enroll in ASA classes and become certified, rent a sail boat, enjoy a catamaran sailing cruise (daytime or sunset), take casual sailing lessons, or book a private event on the water.
Sail Monterey maintains a fleet of 5 different sail boats. You can enjoy sailing on one of these:
- 2017 Gemini Freestyle 37 named “MMAD Catter.” She is a 37’ LOA, 14’ beam, sailing catamaran with a capacity of 24 passengers.
- 1997 Hunter 340 named “Phase 3.” She is a 34’ monohull with a beautiful sail plan and full accommodations below.
- 2002 Catalina Capri 22 named “Sails Call.” She is a fixed keel sloop with a furling head sail. Sails Call is used for ASA 101.
- 1989 Carol 24 named “Jeannette.” She is a cold molded wooden boat built off Chuck Paine’s design of the “Carol.”
- 2003 Hobie Getaway for those that love to sail Hobie Cat’s.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Other Services Offered
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Sunset Cruises
- Sailboat Cruises
|Address||78 Old Fisherman's Wharf #1 MontereyCA93940USA|