Pacific Yachting & Sailing is a premiere Sailing School located in Santa Cruz, California. We are one of the only schools in Northern California located on the Monterey Bay and Pacific Ocean. We also offer a fleet of 14 sailing yachts from 28-46 feet for Bareboat Charter, Instruction, Skippered Charters and Team Building Regattas.
Our knowledgeable and supportive Captains will provide you with the education needed to experience the ultimate pleasure and respect for sailing on the Pacific Ocean and other locations, worldwide. All of our instructors are US Coast Guard licensed American Sailing Association (ASA) certification. They all have qualities of unsurpassed communication skills, patience, and the ability to connect on a personal level with each student. Among all of our instructors there are enough ocean-going miles to go around the world over 17 times! Their experience and confidence is reflected in the way our sailing students rapidly learn and assimilate the practical knowledge.
You’re in the hands of experts, and your safety is our first priority. Not only do our instructors build your confidence and trust in your own ability to sail, they will teach you to comfortably enjoy the learning process. Your only risk is exposing your own potential to become an expert at sailing.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Women Only Courses
- Couples Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- Corporate Team Building Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Day Sail Charters (public)
- Day Sail Charters (member-only)
- Vacation Charters
- Sunset Cruises
- Sailboat Cruises
- Racing Courses
- Sail Trim Courses
- Spinnaker Courses
- I would like to thank you and your skippers Jeff, Steve, Frank, and Joe for the fine job they did in teaching my family to sail. It was marvelous family experience, and my 14 year old daughter in particular showed a natural touch at the helm.
J. M. - Pacific Sail
- I just wanted to say thank you and the rest of the Pacific Sail Team. The eight day course provided me with everything I could have hoped for. The perfect mix of instruction, vacation, and excitement to make me want to get out there sailing again.
J. C. - Pacific Sail
- I was totally comfortable and confident with skippering the boat thanks to the great training I received at Pacific Sailing. Tell Frank and Ken they did a great job transferring their knowledge and enthusiasm for sailing. Keep up the good work.
M.N. - Pacific Sail
- I thank you for giving me such a real welcome in your harbor, for "giving" excellent, capable, and patient instructors, and most of all providing me with such a relaxed feeling. Thank you and your staff again.
E. S. - Pacific Sail
- Everything that you and your company promised was fulfilled and then some.The feeling of self reliance that we gained is due to your program, instructors and location. We heartily recommend Pacific Yachting without reservation.
J. W. - Pacific Sail
|Address||790 Mariner Park Way Santa CruzCA95062USA|