Enjoy an elite quality, private instructional course…. at an Affordable Price. “Cruise and Learn” while living aboard our 45’ Catamaran or 52’ performance Monohull. Both have generator, Air Conditioning and Watermaker! We contractually guarantee our vastly experienced Owner Operators will teach you – so you know you are truly getting a “proven winner” yacht and crew. No employees or freelance instructors here!
Our approach is unique. Enjoy an exceptional, personalized hands-on PRIVATE instructional yacht charter. The whole boat is yours, for just you. Sail the Virgin Islands, St Vincent & The Grenadines or throughout the entire Caribbean.
Your instructor will make or break your experience. Our vastly experienced, focused and professional crewed yacht crew are contractually guaranteed to personally run your charter. No freelance instructors or employees here.
- Rich and Jan own and operate their fantastic 52’ performance monohull.
- Tim owns and operates his 45’ Leopard Catamaran. You can add a chef if you like.
- Bob and Debbie run a 46’ Leopard 4600.
Learn while living aboard the highest quality monohulls and catamaran available: true crewed yachts with permanent crew.
With private instruction, we start at your current level of ability and move you quickly into additional skills. Private charters allow time for the true goal of most clients: to learn to sail safely and confidently as a couple or family, while earning ASA certification.
With private instruction, 100% of the hands on time is for you for the fastest path to learning. And you don’t spend your time watching others try to learn something you already know.
Chef service that provides you with delicious cuisine tailored to your preferences, and more importantly the freedom to spend your time learning and enjoying the Caribbean!
Our deep draft monohulls have exceptionally high performance and responsiveness, so you learn faster and the sailing is more engaging. No one seems to mind passing all the regular boats along the way!
Our catamarans are a genuine crewed yacht, loaded with amenities and comfort you won’t find on an average bareboat or sailing school boat.
Let’s start planning your ideal learning vacation. Please contact us today.
Learn to skipper a 20' - 27' sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
Learn to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered 25'-35' keelboat by day in moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather, safety and seamanship.
Learn how to sail a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered 30'-45' sailboat during a multi-day cruise upon inland/coastal waters in moderate/heavy winds and sea conditions. Learn about provisioning, boat systems, auxiliary engines, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation, anchoring / mooring, docking, emergency operations, weather, and more.
Learn the the navigational theory and practices for safe navigation of a sailing vessel in coastal and inland waters. On-water coastal navigation skills elements are contained in the ASA103, Basic Coastal Cruising, ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising, and ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising, in progressively increasing levels of detail.
Learn to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length in coastal and inland waters, in any conditions.
Learn to skipper an auxiliary-powered sailing cruising catamaran of approximately 30-45' feet in length during a multi-day liveaboard cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions.
Other Services Offered
- Women Only Courses
- Couples Courses
- Private Courses
- Weekday Courses
- Weekend Courses
- ASA 'Challenges'
- Vacation Charters
- SCORPIO monohull private charter.WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!Please indicate your Overall Rating for your charter, with 5 being the highest, and 0 being the lowest. ( 5 ) 1. Was the crew friendly and accommodating? VERY FRIENDLY AND DID "..."
Jim F. and Jim E. - Affordable Excellence Sailing School
- SCORPIO monohull private charter.'What a wonderful cruise with our most gracious hosts. The sailing was exceptional with great winds that saw the captain consistently hitting 9 knots and kicking every boat within sight of our vanishing stern "..."
Jim and Kaaren S. - Affordable Excellence Sailing School
- 'As for the trip, the experience, the accommodations, the food, the hospitality, the entertainment, the adventures, and oh yes, the training for the ASA certifications, all exceeded our expectations. From "..."
Scott and Jenny S. - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- 'We just got back after our 9 day charter with Bob and Debbie. Wow, what great time with great people! The trip was just what you said it would be and I want to thank you for that, truly from all "..."
Ty S. - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- 'Laurie and I had an absolutely fantastic time on our charter. While we learned a great deal, we laughed and joked the entire week and really connected with Bob and Debbie. The yacht can be a small place when "..."
Laurie and David - ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
Affordable Excellence Sailing School
|Phone||(604) 714 0288|