Sailing in the Mediterranean is a natural progression for many sailors who charter in the Caribbean. The exotic location rich with sun and culture makes the “the Med” a popular destination among sailors and travelers alike. In addition, Cyprus and the eastern Mediterranean are alive with attractions to make any sailor salivate at the thought of visiting for a weeklong sailing vacation.
American Sailing school Bluwave-Tashoots Sailing Academy is organizing a learn-to-sail trip in Cyprus in June of 2023. ASA 101 certified sailors can earn their ASA 103 and ASA 104 certifications while exploring the island of Cyprus. From beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters to vibrant cultural and historical sites, Cyprus is ideal for adventurous travelers looking to improve their sailing skills.
The Cyprus Sail with Bluewave Tashoots
June 10-17, 2023 Sailing from Limassol to Limassol – Sample Itinerary
• Saturday, June 10: Fly to Cyprus and transfer to Limassol Marina. When the group arrives, we will have a check-in for each yacht. A small group will go on a shopping trip for provisions for the cruise. Group dinner, including a briefing on the first day of sailing. We’ll sleep aboard the yacht in the marina.
• Sunday, June 11: We’ll release lines from Limassol Marina and sail around the Akrotiri peninsula, and head North to beautiful Paphos. Once we tie up at the dock in Paphos, you are free to go swimming at one of the nearby beaches or sightseeing in the charming town. We’ll organize dinner ashore at one of the seaside restaurants overlooking the marina at Paphos, with a briefing on the next day’s sail to Latchi.
• Monday, June 12: We’ll cast off and head North along the coast of Cyprus with the Akamas National Park off our starboard side. We’ll stop and anchor along the way at the Blue Lagoon for a swim in the crystal-clear waters and give you a chance to use the dinghy and SUP for shore excursions. Dinner at one of the fine seafood restaurants at the Paphos Marina.
• Tuesday June 13: Today, we’ll spend the day sailing in the waters around Latchi and work on our ASA license skills. If you wish to stay ashore, you might want to take a jeep trip up into the mountains of Akamas National Reserve with one of the excursion companies located in Latchi Marina or go to visit the nearby charming town of Polis. Dinner on the boat or at one of the restaurants in the marina.
• Wednesday, June 14: This morning, we will set sail on the return legs towards Limassol. We’ll stop and anchor at the beautiful bay and resort of Pissouri. Swim off the boat or use the dinghy and SUP to go ashore. Take a ride up the hill to the charming town of Pissouri. Choice of dinner cooked aboard your yacht or go ashore to dine at one of the seaside taverns on Pissouri Beach.
• Thursday, June 15: Take a morning swim off the boat or just relax aboard. We’ll depart in the afternoon for Limassol Marina and spend the night back in Limassol. Dine at the marina or in the nearby Old City of Limassol.
• Friday, June 16: Today, we’ll sail within the Bay of Limassol and anchor at nearby Lady’s Mile Beach. Those working on their ASA certification will finish up their skills and training. Swim off the boat or take a leisurely walk on the beautiful sandy beach. On the way back to Limassol Marina, we’ll top off the diesel tanks before docking. We’ll arrange a farewell group dinner to retell all the sailors’ stories and experiences of the week.
• Saturday, June 17: At 10:00, our tour bus will pick us up for a full-day tour of the Troodos Mountains and a visit to a winery. The bus will drop us off at the airport in Paphos for the flight home.
**Note: The above itinerary is subject to change depending on weather and sea conditions.
During the sail, you can obtain they are offering ASA 101, 103 and 104 and 114 courses during the weeklong program. You can choose to get qualified in ASA 101 or if you already have ASA 101 you may take either 103 or 104 or the 114 Catamaran courses onboard. Howard Clayman, the leader of the program is an authorized ASA Instructor.
The Boats and Prices:
- Lagoon 40 Catamaran “Lea”: Built in 2020. 4 cabins, 2 heads, Air Conditioning, generator, etc. 2300 Euros per person
- Monohull: s/v Cala Beneteau Oceanis 38.1. Built in 2020. 3 cabins with double berths, 2 heads with showers, suitable for 6 crew in 3 cabins: 1900 Euros per person
What is Included?
• Charter of the yacht for 7 days and 7 nights with skipper aboard the yacht(s)
• Cleaning package, bedding, and towels
• Dinghy and outboard motor
What’s Not Included?
• Flights, one-way transfer from airport to Limassol Marina on arrival, food, restaurants, diesel fill, any fees at marinas other than Limasso
Contact BlueWave Tashoots for booking information