Summer approaches and all you can think of is the warm weather and being on the water. Yes, that is exactly how we feel. If you are looking to optimize your time on the water we want to help you find the resources to spend as much time on a sailboat as possible.
- ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing – Learn to skipper a 20′ – 27′ sloop-rigged keelboat by day, in light to moderate winds and sea conditions. Learn basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards.
- Where You Use Your ASA 101 Skills – These five spots are perfect for you to get out and practice the skills you learned in ASA 101.
- Find a school – Find a Sailing School near you and in just a couple of days you’ll have the confidence to get out into the wind.
Getting the Kids to Sail?
- Small Boat Sailing – Get the kids out on the water and have them learn basic small boat sailing where they will learn to skipper a non-ballasted centerboard/daggerboard monohull or multihull sailboat of approximately 8 to 20 feet in length by day in light to moderate winds (up to 15 knots) and sea conditions. They will learn basic sailing terminology, sail trim, points of sail, crew responsibilities, seamanship and safety including capsize avoidance/recovery and navigation rules to avoid collisions.
Where Will Your Summer Sailing Take You?
- Planning a Sailing Vacation? Here are some tips.
- Considering a Catamaran Charter
- Take a look at a charter company and what they offer at Dream Yacht Charter
New Places to Sail?
- Sailing in Hawaii
- Sailing in Seattle
- Bucket List Sailing Destinations
- Sail in San Diego/
- Learn to Sail in the Florida Keys
- Chartering in Europe
- Exotic Locations to Learn to Sail
- Learn to Sail in Greece
Higher Sailing Education Goals?
As you improve your sailing you’ll want to branch out and expand your knowledge. Take a look at all of ASA certification options and consider ASA 105 Coastal Navigation and ASA 107 Celestial Navigation. Find a school near you here.
- ASA 101, Basic Keelboat Sailing
- ASA 103, Basic Coastal Cruising
- ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising
- ASA 105, Coastal Navigation
- ASA 106, Advanced Coastal Cruising
- ASA 107, Celestial Navigation
- ASA 108, Offshore Passagemaking
- ASA 110, Basic Small Boat Sailing
- ASA 111, Sailing Review
- ASA 113, Trailerable Multihull Standard
- ASA 114, Cruising Catamaran
- ASA 117, Basic Celestial Endorsement
- ASA 118, Docking Endorsement
- ASA 119, Marine Weather Endorsement
- ASA 120, Radar Endorsement