Sailors can be a bit superstitious and they all are part of a special group of people who spend a lot of time on the water. There is a sense of symbolism that comes from that and it is represented in tattoos that sailors wear on their bodies. Can you guess what they mean?
You have seen the ink but what do those tattoos mean?
Take this quiz and you’ll find out if you have earned the right to get a tattoo.
- What Does Full a Fully Rigged Ship Mean on a Sailor?
- This sailor will climb a mast
- This tattoo means the sailor has been around Cape Horn
- This is the captain by virtue of mutiny
- He is a sailmaker
What Does a Nautical Star Ensure to a Sailor?
- That poetry will always be about astronomy.
- That he is a General in the Navy
- That a sailor can always find his way home
- Celebrity status back at the dock because of their ability to read the stars
- Why Would a Sailor Have a “Hold Fast” Tattoo on Their Body?
- A sailor who is known for speed on the water
- As a sign of readiness
- That sailor is in charge of slowing the boat for oncoming traffic.
- As a reminder to get a good grip on the rigging
- Who Would Have Crossed Cannons Tattooed on Themselves?
- A sailor who crossed the Atlantic and the Pacific on the same voyage
- The sailor with a booming voice.
- A sailor that served in the military
- The ambidextrous sailor
- Why a Dagger Through a Rose?
- This is a loyal sailor who will fight anyone and anything
- A symbol to never fall in love
- Every rose has its thorns
- Danger! Sharp things hurt beautiful things.
- Who Gets an Anchor Tattoo?
- The person at the front of the boat in charge of the anchor.
- The biggest person who is the best at tug of war
- The sailor who has retired from the seas and has set his own anchor.
- A sailor who has crossed the Atlantic
- Why Would a Sailor Have a Swallow Tattoo?
- The sailor was in charge of the mess hall.
- Symbolizes 5000 nautical miles traveled.
- The sailor is a free spirit who navigates like a bird.
- The sailor had been stationed in China