There are many different types of sailor. The two largest groups are surely “The Racer” and the “The Cruiser” and while there is a lot of cross-over there are some clear distinctions that separate the two…
- The first mark suddenly became the finish line as you realized the cheese plate would fall off the table if you tacked at that moment.
- You shot back at a guy with a gun on a powerboat.
- There is something filling a bag that says “spinnaker” in a stencil kind of print somewhere on the boat, but that’s all you know.
- Your “crew” consists of your mother, your wife, and your dog and the dog is the only one that pays attention.
- On the downwind leg, with the finish line in sight, you couldn’t resist and began barbequing chicken.