As you may know ASA has been following and supporting the efforts of The Ocean Cleanup. We interviewed the founder, Boyan Slat, a few months ago. This project will have a positive impact on our oceans and this is a great opportunity to get involved – The Ocean Cleanup are even offering to cover all your costs associated with your participation in their Mega Expedition!
The Ocean Cleanup has developed the world’s first feasible method to clean up half of the so-called Great Pacific Garbage Patch in 10 years’ time. But how many tons of garbage will be cleaned up? In order to determine the amount of plastic in the patch, we are organizing the largest ocean plastic expedition in history. During August this year, we will be crossing the Garbage Patch from Hawaii to California, with up to 50 boats in parallel. And you can be part of this historic event.
TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN WE ARE OFFERING UP TO
- USD 10,000
to boat owners (plus additional insurance coverage)
- USD 3,500
to skippers for helping us gather data
- USD 500
for any referrals leading to a boat signing up.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
- Your contribution will help rid the oceans of plastic.
- You will get to visit the Great Pacific Garbage Patch yourself.
- A significant part of the costs will be covered by the ocean cleanup.
- Through its global coverage, your contribution will be internationally recognized.
- The Ocean Cleanup takes care of all equipment, logistics, and can arrange for a volunteer to do the measurements.
PLEASE CALL OR E-MAIL
Stella Diamant, our Mega-Expedition Co-ordinator, for more information on +1 808 209 3521 or firstname.lastname@example.org or on Skype stella.diamant.