The American Sailing Association (ASA) is seeking a full time Affiliate Relationship Manager to liaise with its 300 sailing schools. This newly created, full time position will be based in Marina Del Rey, California, at ASA’s headquarters, but require significant travel.
Qualified candidates must be sailors, and strong preference will be given to those who have taught sailing or worked at a sailing school and who have marketing or sales experience.
The position’s duties include:
- Being the voice and champion of the ASA Affiliates and representing their interests to Association management
- Making in person visits to ASA’s Affiliate sailing schools
- Overseeing all of ASA’s communication / correspondence to Affiliates
- Assisting Affiliates in growing their businesses
- Following up on requests or issues raised by Affiliates during phone calls or meetings by working with ASA staff to resolve them
- Planning regional or national meetings for Affiliate owners/representatives
- Resolving any customer complaints from sailing students involving an Affiliate
- Tracking Affiliate performance measures to identify potential issues early.
- Maintaining a database of Affiliate communications.
Successful candidates must be outgoing and customer service focused. They must demonstrate the ability to be highly organized and to operate efficiently with minimum supervision.
Compensation is based on experience and includes medical and vacation benefits. Interested candidates should send a cover letting detailing not only their relevant sailing experience, but also their relevant business background along with a resume to AffiliateRep@asa.com. No phone calls please.