Contact UsJeffrey Carlsen
- (301) 769-8587
- More Flotilla Details
Join Sail Solomons while we spend 6 days and 7 nights aboard a Cruising Catamaran, in the beautiful US Virgin Islands. All sailing abilities welcome from novice to experienced. All boats will be skippered by an ASA Instructor/USCG Captain. Flotilla will depart from St. Thomas, USVI, and cruise St. Thomas, St. Johns, and some surrounding islands. All boats are 4 cabin/4 head. ASA 104 & 114 are optional.Flotilla will be hosted by Jeffrey & Kami Carlsen, Co-ownerd of Sail Solomons Sailing School, Solomons Maryland. Jeff has 50+ years of sailing experience, and now a Professional Captain/ASA instructor and ASA school owner. Jeff, along with wife Kami and their 4 children lived and sailed aboard their own boat for 2 years, sailing as far south as USVI, and North to New Foundland. Their passion for sailing led them to becoming the co-owners of Sail Solomons in 2015. This flotilla will be the 12 flotilla Sail Solomons has hosted, and 8th with Jeff & Kami as the hosts.
Join Sail Solomons for a fantastic flotilla week in the US Virgin Islands next winter! A flotilla allows you to “cruise in company” – you can sail as crew on a beautiful, well-equipped charter boat with a professional Instructor-Captain, or on your own vessel in company . It’s a great balance of independence and support for new and seasoned sailors alike. It is also a great chance to escape winter by sailing in the fantastic Caribbean!
For January 2023, our flotilla will sail amongst the US Virgin Islands and surrounding islands. We will be sailing aboard 42-44’, 4 cabin/4 head catamarans.
- Cabins: prices are $2600 per person for double-occupancy cabins.
- Singles: if you’d like to share with another single, let us know and we’ll try to match you up.
- Private single cabins: Calculate (cost/person x 2) – $350 for provisions & taxes.
- Optional Courses: Sailors may choose to take ASA 104 (Bareboat Cruising), ASA 104 & 114 (Bareboat Cruising and Cruising Catamaran), or ASA 114, (Cruising Catamaran) if you have completed ASA 104. Course cost is an additional $300 for one course, $400 for two courses.
- Contact us with any additional questions!
- Charter Catamaran with Instructor-Captain – per person, double occupancy, 6 days, 7 nights
• Week 1 times: Board 12 noon, Jan 7, debark 9 am, 14 Jan
• Week 2 times: Board ~2 pm, 14 Jan, debark 9 am, 21 Jan
- Provisions (Expect 1-2 dinners ashore, all other meals aboard)