Facebook Fan Giveaway
To celebrate reaching 100,000 fans on Facebook we are giving away some sailing swag.
One lucky Facebook Fan will win the “Complete Collection” of all 4 Official ASA Textbooks
an ASA Splash Jacket – comfortable with a cozy fleece insider layer and a great outer protector nylon shell for all conditions on the water.
A prize package worth over $200.
Five lucky Facebook Fans will win a copy of the newest official ASA publication Cruising Catamarans Made Easy – this textbook highlights the unique art of sailing a larger catamaran with its distinctive characteristics and operating systems.
Ten lucky Facebook Fans will win a copy of the ASA’s mobile Sailing Challenge App – a cutting-edge, mobile gaming app designed as a fun learning aid to help illustrate the principles of sailing in a rich interactive and entertaining format. Available on iOS & Android
1. Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to those who sign up on the ASA Facebook Page (facebook.com/AmericanSailingAssoc) and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The American Sailing Association, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The American Sailing Association as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on November 18th at 10:00AM PST and ending November 30th at 11:59PM PST. All online entries must be received by November 30th at 11:59PM PST.
4. How to Enter: The Giveaway must be entered by liking or commenting on the post located on the ASA Facebook Page (facebook.com/AmericanSailingAssoc). The entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The American Sailing Association. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The American Sailing Association.
5. Prizes: 1st Prize Winner (1) will receive the complete collection of ASA textbooks (print or digital format) plus a Splash Jacket. 2nd Prize Winners (5) will receive a copy of the Cruising Catamarans Made Easy textbook (print or digital format), 3rd Prize Winners (10) will receive a copy of the Sailing Challenge App. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The American Sailing Association. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at he American Sailing Association’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The American Sailing Association to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of The American Sailing Association. Winner will be notified by Facebook Private Message within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The American Sailing Association shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [10 days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE AMERICAN SAILING ASSOCIATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The American Sailing Association, anyone acting on behalf of The American Sailing Association, and The American Sailing Association’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The American Sailing Association. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The American Sailing Association from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which The American Sailing Association may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The American Sailing Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The American Sailing Association’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, The American Sailing Association may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The American Sailing Association. The American Sailing Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The American Sailing Association has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The American Sailing Association reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The American Sailing Association and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS GIVEAWAY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The American Sailing Association 5301 Beethoven Street, Suite #265, Los Angeles, CA 90066 USA. Requests must be received no later than [date, time, timezone].
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is The American Sailing Association 5301 Beethoven Street, Suite #265, Los Angeles, CA 90066 USA.
15. The Giveaway hosted by The American Sailing Association is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.