Continue sailing with ASA
New Members Only Area
and stay part of the
greatest community on water.
Renew Your Membership Here
||Come cruise with us!
ASA will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary on the Celebrity Solstice, sailing September 13-23 from Seattle to San Diego.
The highlight of the trip is two days in San Francisco to see day five of the America’s Cup, along with stops in Los Angeles, Catalina Island, and wine country. Space is limited, so contact Nathan Mason, our group travel expert, at (800) 301-9673 or visit www.montrosetravel.com/asacruise
The American Sailing Association is committed to helping you understand, appreciate and fully enjoy the incredible world of sailing.
If you thought you could never learn to sail because you don't own a boat, think again. Through the combination of nonprofit organizations that have expanded affordable access to sailing resources and ASA's varied catalog of sailing classes, sailing is accessible to virtually everyone.
ASA will do much more than simply show you the basics; our affiliated schools can teach you everything you need to be a skilled and experienced sailor, including helping you earn your sailing certification.
If you'd like to learn more, the best way to start your journey is to explore ASA.com for sailing schools like those in the beautiful Bay area. We recommend that you begin your tour by reading some of the detailed articles featured here on keelboat resources, certification program information and more.
- New to ASA - Find a Charter Company & Find a Sailing Club - We have added two new sections to our website: Find a Charter Company and Find a Sailing Club. These sections are accessible from most pages on our website. Just look for the button in the left navigation panel to find a Charter Company or Sailing Club in your area.
- ASA MONTHLY E-NEWS - To access previous issues of the ASA monthly
E-Newsletter click here
- ASA Local Sailing Club - The American Sailing Association launches its Local Sailing Club program. Participation is open to anyone who has an interest in sailing or learning more about sailing should click here to find out more…
- Vancouver and San Juan Islands Flotilla, June 21 – 28, 2013 - Departing from Bellingham, WA, we sail the protected waters of the Salish Sea, anchoring at remote Sucia Is., the jewel of the San Juans. Then on to the vibrant and colorful city of Vancouver, tying up at famous Granville Island in the heart of the city. We return by way of Bowen Is. in British Columbia and Lummi Is. We will also explore Point Roberts, a tiny U.S. enclave surrounded by Canada. Weather is generally mild in June, with little rain. Come sail with us! Click here
- The Scottish Highlands, whiskey distilleries, loch's & wild-life, incredible seafood all with the ASA Scottish Sailing Adventure, June 29 - July 6, 2013 Join us while we sail the Scottish highlands with the ASA, we will visit the Isles of Bute, Loch Fyne and spend time on the Mull of Kintyre. We will sail to Tarbert and enjoy the best in seafood Scotland has to offer, as well as sail to Loch Ranza and a tour of the whiskey distillery "Arran" single malt. For more information and details please Click Here
- Join us for the 3rd Annual Greek Islands Flotilla July 6-12, 2013 Join fellow ASA sailors in the beautiful Greek Islands where we will see the “real” Greece. A favorite vacation spot for centuries; visit ancient sites in Athens to sun drenched islands where the water is the color of blue like you see nowhere else. Greece is on the short list of places you want to go. Learn to Med Moore, captain your own yacht or take a skipper and really enjoy your vacation! Click here
- Croatia Flotillas, August 24 - 31 and August 31-September 7 Discover the beauty, history, culture and food of one of the world's sailing hotspots. Choose the south central Dalmatian Islands itinerary off Split during the first week or the northern itinerary towards Sibenik and Krka National Park during the second week. Why not join both flotillas? This will be the fourth year that ASA returns to Croatia. Unforgettable memories are guaranteed! Click here
- Catalina Island, Newport Beach, Dana Point, Long Beach, September 7 - 14, 2013 About 25 nautical miles offshore lies beautiful Santa Catalina Island. Pristine waters surround the island, nearly all of which is a nature preserve. There our fleet will visit Avalon, jewel of the island, with fine dining, jeep tours, zip line, and an underwater park, as well as rustic Isthmus Cove for an exclusive cocktail hour at the hilltop Banning House, a beach barbecue, hiking or viewing wild buffalo. Then we’ll enjoy a typical downwind crossing, spotting dolphins and perhaps migrating blue whales, to visit historic Dana Point, Newport Beach and Long Beach where you may tour the Queen Mary or visit the renowned Aquarium of the Pacific. Click here
- Tahiti, November 1 – November 12 and November 9 - 19, 2013 There is no place on this earth like Tahiti. The warm clear waters, white sand beaches, swaying palm trees, coral reefs surrounding idyllic lagoons… it is the original inspiration for paradise. Join us on this amazing flotilla trip! Click here
- Exuma Islands Flotilla in the Bahamas, April 12-19, 2014 - - This is a unique flotilla on small 21 foot Sea Pearl sailboats. We will camp on white sand beaches and tour the beautiful islands with a local guide. This flotilla is limited to 10 participants. Click here
- The New ASA Social Media Link found here and in the Header Navigation Bar, is the portal to the ASA Blog, ASA Facebook page, ASA Twitter account and ASA Youtube Channel. Join us in the conversation and adventure.
- The ASA Store is now open. Drop in and experience great savings on gear, books, clothing and much more. Members also save 20% on all items.
- The Recreational PowerBoating Association (RPBA) was formed in 2009 in a direct response to the need for a national powerboater education program that emphasizes a practical, hands on approach. The RPBA’s mission is to be the leader in delivering the highest quality practical powerboater education in the United States, emphasizing safety, knowledge and practice as the confidence-building cornerstones to promote the powerboating lifestyle.
Visit the RPBA website for more information: www.TheRPBA.com
- January 15, 2013 ASA announces the Outstanding Instructors and Schools for 2012. Click here to see the list.
- Endorsements - ASA has added several "Endorsement" courses to our certification program. Endorsements provide in-depth study of a single topic such as radar, weather, docking or basic celestial navigation and are not requirements for the 101 through 108 sequence.
- Attention ASA Instructors Check out ASA's Radar Course
- Join ASA - What are you waiting for? Membership gives you a world of opportunities
and benefits to increase your sailing pleasure and knowledge.
The American Sailing Association is the leading authority on the art of sailing.
Learn to sail through our network of certified sailing courses.
To date, more than 423,000 people have learned to sail with us completing 845,400 ASA certifications.